Saturday, June 30, 2012

Review: Tempting the Best Man by J. Lynn

Tempting the Best Man
J. Lynn
Published April 23, 2012 (ebook)
Entangled Publishing
105 pages


Synopsis (from Goodreads): Madison Daniels has worshipped her brother's best friend since they were kids. Everyone thinks she and Chase Gamble would make the perfect couple, but there are two major flaws in their logic. 1) Chase has sworn off relationships of any kind, and 2) after blurring the line between friends and lovers for one night four years ago, they can't stop bickering.


Forced together for her brother's wedding getaway, Chase and Madison decide to call a truce for the happy couple. Except all bets are off when they're forced to shack up in a tacky 70’s honeymoon suite and survive a multitude of "accidents" as the family tries to prove their "spark" can be used than for more than fighting. That is, if they don't strangle each other first…


****************************************************

How excited was I to find out my new favorite YA author, Jennifer L. Armentrout, was writing adult romance novels under the name J. Lynn? Excited enough to buy the book and read it all that same day! (special thanks to Stella and Anna at Book Lovers, Inc. for the great review and cluing me in!) Maybe that caused my expectations to be a little bit too high. Don't get me wrong, I really enjoyed this book, it just wasn't as memorable as her YA works have been for me. The story centers around Maddie and Chase - who have known each other since they were little kids. Chase was Maddie's older brother's best friend, and Maddie had a crush on him since just about forever. She even tried to do something about it when she thought she was old enough for him to consider her, but he turned her down. And she never got over her mortification - or forgave him for it. Too bad she had to see him all the time - not only during family events, but he also just happened to live in her building and go to her gym. Still she managed to do a pretty good job of avoiding him, until they get thrown together at her brother's wedding. It's so much fun watching them try to ignore those long-repressed feelings -- and of course they fail miserably. And their families wonderfully tease them about it at every chance they get. I'm really looking forward to seeing Chase's brothers more in the future books in this series. My only complaint about this book is that it was too short!
Oh, and the cover reminds me of a B-list straight-to-video movie from the 80s.

Tempting the Best Man: 4/5 stars.
Cover: 2.5/5


2 comments:

  1. I bought it and read it too, now I have not read the YA books yet but I did like this story. I agree it was too short. Obsidian is on the top of my TBR pile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the great review! I love the premise of this book... definitely feel a splurge coming on :)

    ReplyDelete