Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Review: One Night With Her Ex by Lucy King


One Night With Her Ex
Lucy King
Harlequin KISS
March 18, 2014
224 pages


Can you honestly say you don't want me?

Lily Montgomery finds the perfect antidote to an anticlimactic New Year's Eve: a hot, up-against-the-door one-night stand with a sexy millionaire. Trouble is, the man in question is Kit, the ex-husband she's spent five years getting over.

For Kit Buchanan, the past few years have been hellish! He's conquered the business world, but when it comes to the bedroom he's had the mother of all dry spells. Clearly he needs to get Lily out of his system once and for all!

But one supercharged night later, Kit's not so sure. After all, why move on when he's having so much fun where he is?

Laura's Review:

Is it bad that I had trouble taking this book seriously at first simply because the leading man's name was Kit? Maybe this is a common nickname for grown men in England, but all I kept picturing was a shallow 80s male model-type. I was able to move past the name and see the man as lead potential, partly because Ms. King throws in some rather serious side-plots seldom seen in fluffy romances - infidelity, divorce, impotence, infertility - which is maybe one too many for my taste in what I consider escape fiction.
Despite all that, I did enjoy the second-chance relationship between Lily and Kit and how they grew as individuals and as a couple, but for all the complications thrown their way, I felt the conclusion was anti-climactic and summed up a little too tidily.

One Night With Her Ex: 3/5 stars

Note: I received a copy of this book from the publisher through NetGalley in exchange of an honest review. 

No comments:

Post a Comment