Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Review: Stealing Mr. Right by Tamara Morgan



Synopsis:

I'm a wanted jewel thief.
He's FBI.
What's that saying? Keep your friends close...and your husband closer. 


Being married to a federal agent certainly has its perks.

1. I just love the way that man looks in a suit.
2. This way I always know what the enemy is up to.

Spending my days lifting jewels and my nights tracking the Bureau should have been a genius plan. But the closer I get to Grant Emerson, the more dangerous this feels. With two million dollars' worth of diamonds on the line, I can't afford to fall for my own husband.

It turns out that the only thing worse than having a mortal enemy is being married to one. Because in our game of theft and seduction, only one of us will come out on top.

Good thing a cat burglar always lands on her feet.



Laura's Review: 

I had trouble getting into and following this book. I've never been a fan of books that jump back and forth through time, and unfortunately, this one didn't change my opinion of that. I would just start to get interested and then be pulled out of the story into a different time. It made me feel disconnected from the characters and I never really felt like this was about their romance. And I wish it were more about the romance, because I enjoyed Penelope and Grant in the few instances they had time to be together. Great characters, great premise, not-so-great execution.

2.5/5 stars

Note: I received a copy of this book from the publisher in exchange of this honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment