Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Wednesday's Words & Quippish Quotes: Ireland

Last week I was on vacation in Ireland. I had  been there once before, so I knew of it's striking beauty and friendly people. Yet, I still was blown away by the gorgeous cliffs, amazing castles, and rich history. Those memories will stay with me for a long time. This week's Wednesday's Words & Quippish Quotes are all about the Emerald Isle, its history, & its writers. I interspersed some of my favorite vacation photos in there too. Enjoy!
Slieve Cliffs, County Donegal, Ireland
“Ireland is a land of poets and legends, of dreamers and rebels. All of these have music woven through and around them.

 Tunes for dancing or for weeping, for battle or for love.”
― Nora Roberts, Tears of the Moon

Gardens at Glenveagh Castle, County Donegal, Ireland
 “To be Irish is to know that in the end the world will break your heart.” 
― Daniel Patrick Moynihan



“With freedom, books, flowers, and the moon, who could not be happy?”
― Oscar Wilde

Dark Hedges, County Antrim, Northern Ireland

“The Gaels of Ireland are the men that God made mad, for all their wars are merry, 
and all their songs are sad.” 
― G.K. Chesterton


“The world is full of magical things, patiently waiting for our senses to grow sharper.” 
― William Butler Yeats


“Love loves to love love.”
― James Joyce, Ulysses








3 comments:

  1. This really makes me miss Ireland!! Great photos & lovely quotes. Glad you had a wonderful trip. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on reaching 500 followers and thanks for the giveaway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! Beautiful pictures, too! I'm a little jealous of you. ;)

    ReplyDelete