Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Wednesday's Words & Quippish Quotes: Sisters

Yesterday was my sister's birthday - so this week's quotes are all about sisters! Happy Birthday Lisa!

Photo copyright The Revolving Bookcase, 2013


“If you have a sister and she dies, do you stop saying you have one? Or are you always a sister, even when the other half of the equation is gone?”
― Jodi Picoult, My Sister's Keeper
“Best friends are important. They're the closest thing to a sister you'll ever have.”
― Jenny Han, The Summer I Turned Pretty

“My sister will die over and over again for the rest of my life. Grief is forever. It doesn't go away; it becomes a part of you, step for step, breath for breath. I will never stop grieving Bailey because I will never stop loving her. That's just how it is. Grief and love are conjoined, you don't get one without the other. All I can do is love her, and love the world, emulate her by living with daring and spirit and joy.”
― Jandy Nelson, The Sky Is Everywhere
“A sister can be seen as someone who is both ourselves and very much not ourselves - a special kind of double.”
― Toni Morrison
"To the outside world we all grow old.  But not to brothers and sisters.  We know each other as we always were.  We know each other's hearts.  We share private family jokes.  We remember family feuds and secrets, family griefs and joys.  We live outside the touch of time."  ~Clara Ortega
"A sister is a little bit of childhood that can never be lost."  ~Marion C. Garretty

No comments:

Post a Comment