Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Wednesday's Words & Quippish Quotes: SPRING!

Today is the first day of spring and I couldn't be happier! I don't even care that there is snow covering the ground, just knowing it's almost time for daffodils and bluebirds and lilacs and tulips makes me so happy! Before I know it, I will be reading away the days in my hammock - I cannot wait!



“What I need is the dandelion in the spring. The bright yellow that means rebirth instead of destruction. The promise that life can go on, no matter how bad our losses.                          That it can be good again.”    ― Suzanne Collins, Mockingjay
“I want
To do with you what spring does with the cherry trees.” 
― Pablo Neruda, Twenty Love Poems and a Song of Despair
“Those who contemplate the beauty of the earth find reserves of strength that will endure as long as life lasts. There is something infinitely healing in the repeated refrains of nature -- the assurance that dawn comes after night, and spring after winter.” 
― Rachel Carson, Silent Spring
“In the spring, at the end of the day, you should smell like dirt.” 
― Margaret Atwood, Bluebeard's Egg
“When snow melts, what does it become?'
It becomes water, of course'
Wrong! It becomes spring!” 
― Natsuki Takaya
"Never cut a tree down in the wintertime. Never make a negative decision in the low time. Never make your most important decisions when you are in your worst moods. Wait. Be patient. The storm will pass. The spring will come."  - Robert H. Schuller 
















No comments:

Post a Comment