Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Wednesday's Words & Quippish Quotes: Romance!

Today, The Revolving Bookcase is lucky enough to be featured on Author Lisa Renee Jones' blog as part of her "Blogger Appreciation Month." So, in honor of that and the amazing romances Lisa writes, today's Wednesday's Words & Quippish Quotes will be all about ROMANCE. Enjoy!

****************************




“I heard what you said. I’m not the silly romantic you think. I don’t want the heavens or the shooting stars. I don’t want gemstones or gold. I have those things already. I want…a steady hand. A kind soul. I want to fall asleep, and wake, knowing my heart is safe. I want to love, and be loved.” 
― Shana Abe


“The very essence of romance is uncertainty.” 
― Oscar Wilde, The Importance of Being Earnest and Other Plays

“Romance novels are birthday cake and life is often peanut butter and jelly. I think everyone should have lots of delicious romance novels lying around for those times when the peanut butter of life gets stuck to the roof of your mouth.” 




― Janet Evanovich


“Sometimes when I'm alone, I take the pearl from where it lives in my pocket and try to remember the boy with the bread, the strong arms that warded off nightmares on the train, the kisses in the arena.” 

― Suzanne Collins, Mockingjay


“Sometimes I wonder if there's something wrong with me. Perhaps I've spent too long in the company of my literary romantic heroes, and consequently my ideals and expectations are far too high.” 
― E.L. James, Fifty Shades of Grey


“There is no pretending," Jace said with absolute clarity. "I love you, and I will love you until I die, and if there is life after that, I'll love you then.” 
― Cassandra Clare, City of Glass


"Romance is everything." 
 - Gertrude Stein









No comments:

Post a Comment