Thursday, August 29, 2013

Dual Review: Thoughtless by S.C. Stephens

November 6, 2012 (reissue)
Gallery Books
530 pages

Synopsis: For almost two years now, Kiera's boyfriend, Denny, has been everything she's ever wanted: loving, tender and endlessly devoted to her. When they head off to a new city to start their lives together, Denny at his dream job and Kiera at a top-notch university, everything seems perfect. Then an unforeseen obligation forces the happy couple apart.

Feeling lonely, confused, and in need of comfort, Kiera turns to an unexpected source—a local rock star named Kellan Kyle. At first, he's purely a friend that she can lean on, but as her loneliness grows, so does their relationship. And then one night everything changes...and none of them will ever be the same.


Laura's Review:

I was told by so many people just how much I had to read this book - they loved it so much. Well, I read it and I loved it at times, but I hated it too - and, in the end, the hate won out and is what I was left feeling. I really wish I hadn't wasted my time because I just so disliked Kiera that I couldn't be happy that she ended up with anyone in the end. Both guys deserved way better than how she treated them, and I just didn't understand her appeal that would make them stay and put up with the abuse. I felt like I was reading a book about one of those girls in high school that had all the guys wrapped around her finger, and she treated each and every one of them like sh*t. I have to give credit to Ms. Stephens though - if her intent was to make me feel something while reading her book, she certainly accomplished that. However, I read books (at least romances) as an escape, I don't want to be disgusted as I read - even if the author acknowledges that with the title of "Thoughtless." Indeed.

Thoughtless: 3/5 stars
Cover: 3/5 stars

Tanya's Review:

 I had a total love hate relationship with this book. Laura had read it a few days before me and as I was reading it I kept emailing her about my progress and venting my frustration about this one. First I adored Kellan. He made me swoon and is everything I want my book boyfriend to be. As I kept reading though, I began to dislike Keira, more and more. She was so very selfish and well thoughtless. Her actions made me so angry I wanted to hurt her and thought how is anyone getting a HEA at the end of this book, both guys deserve so much better. I am so glad Laura is not only my friend but co-blogger as we have similar tastes in books and I was relieved that it was not just me that had some serious dislike towards Keira. This book was well written and evoked a lot of feeling but not one of my favorites as I normally need to at least like the heroine a little bit.

Thoughtless:     2.5/5
Cover:             3.5/5 


No comments:

Post a Comment