Monday, September 30, 2013

Review: Devoured by Emily Snow

October 9, 2012
Touchstone Books
280 pages

Blurb:
Sienna Jensen had no plans to return home when she graduated college last spring—after all, her dreams lie in California. But when she discovers her grandmother’s Nashville home has been foreclosed, and the new owner has started the eviction process, Sienna has no other choice but go back to Music City. And she comes face to face with the flawed, gorgeous man she never thought she’d see again. The man who now holds the deed to her grandma’s estate.


When millionaire rock star Lucas Wolfe finds the outspoken redhead glaring at him from across a courtroom, he’s both infuriated and intrigued. He still can't get the night Sienna almost spent with him out of his mind, and the chemistry between them is as undeniable as it was two years ago. He craves Sienna more than ever. And just like everything Lucas hungers for, he’s determined to have her.

Now, Lucas will do whatever it takes to lure Sienna into his bed, even if that means making a deal with her: ten days with him, playing by his rules, and he’ll hand over the deed to her grandmother’s home. Though she agrees to the arrangement, Sienna is conflicted. Because of her duty to her family. Because of promises she’s made to herself and a past that still haunts her. And as Lucas’s game of seduction continues, and Sienna is introduced to his dark, erotic world and even darker background, she realizes that at any moment, she could be devoured.

Review: 
There were parts of this book that I just loved - and yes, devoured - but others that had me cocking my head and furrowing my brow in confusion. I loved the plot (although more than a bit far-fetched) and felt the chemistry between Lucas and Sienna immediately, but a few of their actions seemed disjointed from the rest of the story. Lucas was a bit too hot/cold for me - I thought we (and Si) would get some major explanation for that, and I think it was implied, but I would have liked a big reveal of a conversation  between the two of them. A heartfelt "I'm not good enough for you, so I pushed you away, but I'm in love with you, so I've secretly been stalking you for 2 years"- type speech. Maybe we'll get more of that when the big secret is revealed in book two, which I'm happy to report is released in a couple weeks. I'm definitely curious enough to pick that one up.

3.5/5 stars




No comments:

Post a Comment