Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Review: Unwritten by Chelsea M. Cameron



UnWritten
Chelsea M. Cameron
July 14, 2014
Synopsis: 
Children's librarian by day.
Romance Novelist by night.
British single father.
Someone else is writing this love story...

Blair Walton isn't your average curvaceous tattooed children's librarian. She's also one half of bestselling romance author, Scarlet Rose. Along with her BFF Raine, she spends her nights writing books so steamy, she's afraid they would shock her Southern conservative grandmother to death . . . if she knew about them. That's why she and Raine write in secret.

On deadline for their latest book and out of ideas, Raine suggests (demands) that Blair find a guy and "do some research". Declan Bennet has all the qualifications: He's British, looks fabulous in a suit, has glorious blue eyes and gets bonus points for being an amazing single dad to his adorable son, Drake. But what starts out as a research project quickly turns into something much more. And Blair's not the only one with secrets.

Laura's Review:
This is one of those hard reviews to write because I don't really have a lot to say - good or bad. This book had such great potential. I've become a big fan of Ms. Cameron, so when I read the blurb and saw she wrote a book about a curvy, tattooed librarian who secretly writes erotica with her roommate, of course I was excited to read it! Throw in a sexy British hero and I was so on board to devour this book. But, I was bored. I had to push myself to finish it and I did so because I was so sure something amazing would happen. It just never did. The sex scenes were shortened and without detail, and the motivations of the characters were sometimes a little fuzzy. And the constant reminder that our hero looked like Draco Malfoy?! Why would you do that to us? Are there really people out there who find Draco Malfoy a sex symbol?? Anyway, I had high hopes for this book, and will continue to have high hopes for the future Chelsea M. Cameron books, but was disappointed in this one.
2.5/5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment