Monday, June 6, 2011

Excited about starting something new

I worked in the local used bookstore for 10 years and I miss it. I miss the customers, the books, the store. The customers became my friends, people who I could talk books with. I began to know each customer by book categories. I could recommend new authors to them when they came in, I knew what books to keep an eye out for as my customers were waiting patiently for a copy and in turn they would give me their reviews of the books they were bringing in. I discovered a lot of new authors working there. Some authors I probably would not have given a chance had it not been from a customer recommendation. I am hoping with this blog I can have that again. A community of book lovers that I can share my reviews about books with and in turn they can share with me their views. I think this is the start of something fun and exciting and I can not wait to see where it takes me.

***Tanya

No comments:

Post a Comment