Sunday, July 10, 2011

YA EVENT Wonderful as Always

What does one do on a Friday night in the Hudson Valley? Well if you are Laura and I, its go to another wonderful Hudson Valley YA Society Event. This past Friday night, my fellow blogger and myself went to our second event at Oblong Books & Music. This was the Survivor edition, all of the authors present had books out that had their characters surviving a quest, a blizzard or being stranded on a desert island.

The authors at this event (from left to right) were E. Archer (GEEK), Michael Northrop (Trapped) and the very funny Libba Bray (Beauty Queens). All of the authors were very funny and nice but I gotta say Libba stood out in the crowd. In order to tell us what her book was about, she did her own version of MAD LIBS. And a special congratulations to Michael Northrop as his novel was featured in NPR's list of YA picks for summer suitable for all ages. Check out article here. As an added bonus after the event we were able to choose an ARC from two baskets that they had there. I chose Sweet Venom by Tera Lynn Childs and Laura chose Beautiful Chaos by Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl. A very good Friday night.
Here is a picture of Laura and I while we waited for the event to start.


I am blessed to have such a great independent bookstore so close to me that runs these events about once a month. And I can not wait to see what next month's event will bring. Happy Reading! -Tanya

No comments:

Post a Comment