Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Review: Immortal Rider by Larissa Ione

Author: Larissa Ione
Publisher: Grand Central Publishing
Publication Date: December 2011
Format: Paperback, 414 Pages
Genre: Paranormal Romance







From The publisher: Sexy, powerful, and immortal, Limos is on a crash course with destiny. She’s been marked as Satan’s bride and her jealous fiancĂ© wants her all to himself. The only way this Horseman can keep herself—and everyone else—safe is to keep her distance. But not even Limos can save herself from the secrets she’s kept . . . or resist the seductive allure of one very brave human.

Arik Wagner, knows the saying “love hurts” better than most, yet he never thought stealing a kiss from Limos would land him in Hell. Literally. It takes all his military training to survive the demon torture, but once he’s topside, Arik realizes that the agony has just begun. With the Apocalypse looming and Satan demanding his bride, will Arik and Limos surrender to the desire smoldering between them? Or will giving in to their passion unleash hell on earth?


If you love the tv show Supernatural than this is the book series for you. The author has created a world filled with demons, angles, wargs, steamy sex and the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse. The four horseman are on a quest throughout this series to prevent their seals from braking and starting the apocalypse. This book is about the second horseman, who is a woman, Limos. She is the main story of this book but there are several other subplots that leave mysteries/questions to keep us anxiously awaiting the next book. As the apocalypse is getting closer this book was a tad bit darker & more violent than the other books in the series. That being said, I still really did enjoy it. It was interesting to see how these 2 characters could make it work and get Limos out of her engagement with Satan and how to deal with her past. This author has a great writing style, even though she is writing about death, torture the end of the world she has little comedic moments and keeps current, she actually mentions that Limos favorite tv show is Supernatural. One of my favorite quotes from the book:


“Hellooo. I’m a Horseman of the Apocalypse, and I’m betrothed to the most infamous, most powerful demon in existence. I couldn’t draw more attention to myself if I wore Lady Gaga’s meat dress to a PETA convention."



This is book 2 in the Lords of Deliverance Series by this author, the first book being Eternal Rider. I will say that some series of books you can read out of order or read as a stand alone, with this book I don't think you really can. I discovered Larissa Ione last year after reading a review for one of her books in the Demonica series and thought what an interesting sounding series. So I wrote her name down, and all the titles of the books in the series, in my trusty notepad so when I would venture out to my favorite used bookstore I could look for them to read. Once I had the first four in the series (there are 5 total), I started to read. And I think I finished all four books in about a week. I had to then rush out to the bookstore to buy the last book in the series so I could know how it ended. Then when I discovered at the end of book 5 there was a "spinoff" series I was just elated. This author does a fabulous job of creating a world that is violent and dark but yet you care about these characters as they all have such heart. She is a masterful story teller. That being said if you are to read these 2 series of books I suggest you start at the beginning of the Demonica Series and then continue onto the Lords Of Deliverance as all of the characters & language are in all of the books.

Overall a great read. it has the right amount of action, romance and plotting revenge. I can not wait to read the next book in the series. At the end of this book the author gives you a sneak peek and boy does it look good.If you are looking for a great paranormal romance series, check this author out.

Book : 3/5 Cover: 4/5

~~~~~~~Tanya~~~~~~


No comments:

Post a Comment