Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Wednesday's Words & Quippish Quotes

I have always loved quotes. Starting as a teenager, I've kept dozens of journals filled with my favorite ones. I would write down my favorite lines from books, songs, and movies and I'd pour over volumes of quotation texts. Back before blogs and RSS feeds, I subscribed to e-mail lists such as Andi's Quotes and always got a little excited to see a new list pop into my inbox (yes, I am that much of a nerd!). Now that I have this blog, I thought what better platform to share my love of quotes than a blog about books. Every week, I'm going to put up a few of my favorites (and maybe, on occasion, my blogging partner Tanya will share some of hers, too). I'll try to make the majority of them from or about books or authors, but there may be some random ones thrown in there too. I hope you enjoy reading them as much as I enjoyed collecting them!


"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." - Carl Sagan
"Good friends, good books, and a sleepy conscience: This is the ideal life." - Mark Twain
"Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counselors, and the most patient of teachers." - Charles William Eliot
"Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none." - William Shakespeare, All's Well That Ends Well 
"I do not want to lose the boy with the bread." - Suzanne Collins, The Hunger Games


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment