Friday, October 5, 2012

Amazing Weekend at RAW 2012

Getting to meet some of the authors you enjoy reading is great but getting to spend an entire weekend with them, talking, eating and partying is just amazing. Needless to say Laura and I had a terrific time this past weekend. I found new authors to read, made new friends and I won (and it embarrasses me to say it) not 1 but 3 gift baskets in the charity raffle. Each author in attendance put together a gift basket that was raffled off and all the proceeds went to one of Lora Leigh's charities. So the first basket I won was put together by Lora Leigh. It was her navy seals basket (well it was in a Thirty One tote), containing her seal books, all autographed, a mug, a fleece throw, a candle, Moroccan shampoo & conditioner, a naughti temptress water bottle...oh and a Nook Tablet!
    Well as if that awesomely amazing basket was not enough, I then won a gift basket from Pamela Palmer. This basket contained all of her books autographed, some candy, a pinwheel and other swag.

                        So by now I was overjoyed with all my winnings but there were still more baskets, what were the chances I would possibly win a third? Apparently very good because then I won Stephanie Julian's basket. Again contained a few of her books, shot glasses, a bottle of Hypnotic, candy and other swag.

 If you have the chance to attend any author events I suggest you do. They are fun and you do get to learn a lot about what it takes to write a book and how much authors appreciate the fans and how the whole business really works and you gets scoops on what is gonna happen next to some of your favorite characters.  Here are some photos I took of authors in attendance.
                                 Lora Leigh and Sylvia Day answering fan questions
                             All the authors posing for a picture at the Slumber Party
We had an amazing time and I hope to be returning next year. Next year it is going to be in Maryland so keep an eye out everyone on Lora Leigh's website for details.

                                                        ~~~~~Tanya~~~~~


1 comment: