Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Wednesdays Words & Quippish Quotes: Sesame Street Edition

With all the talk about PBS & Sesame Street this week, I've been feeling nostalgic and missing Jim Henson. He was directly and indirectly such a powerful influence on my childhood with shows like Sesame Street, The Muppet Show, Fraggle Rock, movies such as Labyrinth, even one of my favorite books as a child- There's a Monster at the End of This Book (which featured one of my favorite muppets, Grover).  So this week's Wednesday's Words & Quippish Quotes is dedicated to Jim Henson, PBS, the lovers, the dreamers...and you. Enjoy!



“There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.” 
― Jim Henson, Favorite Songs from Jim Henson's Muppets


“[Kids] don't remember what you try to teach them. They remember what you are.” 
― Jim Henson, It's Not Easy Being Green: And Other Things to Consider


“When I was young, my ambition was to be one of the people who made a difference in this world. My hope is to leave the world a little better for having been there. ” 
― Jim Henson




 "The magic is always there, as long as we keep looking for it..." - Fraggle Rock

"When green is all there is to be
It could make you wonder why,
But why wonder, why wonder,
I am green, and it'll do fine,

It's beautiful, and I think it's what I want to be."
 -Kermit the Frog, "Bein' Green"



"Life's like a movie, write your own ending... 
 Keep believing, keep pretending; 
we've done just what we've set out to do, 
thanks to the lovers, the dreamers, and you!" - The Muppet Movie


“Watch out for each other. Love everyone and forgive everyone, including yourself. Forgive your anger. Forgive your guilt. Your shame. Your sadness. Embrace and open up your love, your joy, your truth, and most especially your heart. It's a good life. Enjoy it.” 
― Jim Henson, in a letter to his son, Brian. 










No comments:

Post a Comment