Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Wednesdays Words & Quippish Quotes: Thanksgiving

I think I love the idea of Thanksgiving more than any other holiday. I have been blessed with a truly wonderful life and I strive to not take a moment for granted, so I am happy to pause for this moment and reflect on how lucky I am. This year especially, I have learned that life is precious and we should cherish every moment we get. So, with that said, and with these words, I give my thanks.

 "But, Gus, my love, I cannot tell you how thankful I am for our little infinity. I wouldn't trade it for the world. You gave me a forever within the numbered days, and I'm grateful.” 
― John Green, The Fault in Our Stars
“I would maintain that thanks are the highest form of thought; and that gratitude is happiness doubled by wonder.” 
― Oprah Winfrey
“Be thankful for what you have; you'll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don't have, you will never, ever have enough” 
― G.K. Chesterton
“Be present in all things and thankful for all things.”
― Maya Angelou
“Cultivate the habit of being grateful for every good thing that comes to you, and to give thanks continuously. And because all things have contributed to your advancement, you should include all things in your gratitude.”
― Ralph Waldo Emerson
“In the end, though, maybe we must all give up trying to pay back the people in this world who sustain our lives. In the end, maybe it's wiser to surrender before the miraculous scope of human generosity and to just keep saying thank you, forever and sincerely, for as long as we have voices.”
― Elizabeth Gilbert, Eat, Pray, Love

No comments:

Post a Comment