Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Wednesday's Words & Quippish Quotes: Respect Canada

Apparently, this past Monday was "Respect Canada Day" here in the US. I admit I had no idea this was a real day, but I do think that our neighbors to the north deserve our respect. So, this week's Wednesday's Words & Quippish Quotes features quotes about Canada or by Canadians. Thanks for being such great neighbors, and providing us with all those great hockey players. :)




"In a world darkened by ethnic conflicts that tear nations apart, Canada stands as a model of how people of different cultures can live and work together in peace, prosperity, and mutual respect."
- Bill Clinton
“I love Canada...It is a great country much too cold for good sense, inhabited by compassionate, intelligent people with bad hairdos.” ― Yann Martel, Life of Pi
“How is it that everyone on this train has so much alcohol?""We always head to Canada at the beginning of the season," she says taking her seat again. "Their laws are much more civilized. Cheers.”  ---Sara Gruen, Water for Elephants
“I'd like to add some beauty to life," said Anne dreamily. "I don't exactly want to make people KNOW more... though I know that IS the noblest ambition... but I'd love to make them have a pleasanter time because of me... to have some little joy or happy thought that would never have existed if I hadn't been born.”
― L.M. Montgomery, Anne's House of Dreams
“She had always wanted words, she loved them; grew up on them. Words gave her clarity, brought reason, shape.”
― Michael Ondaatje, The English Patient
"There are no limits to the majestic future which lies before the mighty expanse of Canada with its virile, aspiring, cultured, and generous-hearted people. "
- Sir Winston Churchill
"Canada is like your attic, you forget that it's up there, but when you go, it's like "Oh man, look at all this great stuff!"'
- Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment