Tuesday, July 3, 2012

We've been blurbed!

Cursed
Jennifer L. Armentrout
Expected Publication: Sept. 18, 2012
Spencer Hill Press

My first blurb! 

"Jennifer L. Armentrout writes it like no one else. In my opinion, she is the queen of romantic paranormal YA fiction. For those who love Obsidian and Half-Blood, Cursed is a must-read. You will not be disappointed!" 

I am so excited! I received an ARC of Cursed from the publisher at BEA this year - you may remember that I posted how excited I was to get to meet Jennifer not once, but twice, since she is one of my new favorite authors. Of course, Cursed was one of the first books I read after BEA because I knew if it was anything like Obsidian or Half-Blood, I would love it. Well, love it I did, and with it fresh in my mind, I wrote my review, and then sent a copy to editor Kate Kaynak @ Spencer Hill Press. And... they quoted my review for a blurb on the jacket cover! Of course, now I'm going to buy a bunch of copies and have some awesome giveaways to go along with my review and the release in September. Make sure you come back then! For now, here is a synopsis of the book, and a tease of my review:


Synopsis:
Dying sucks--and high school senior Ember McWilliams knows firsthand. After a fatal car accident, her gifted little sister brought her back. Now anything Ember touches dies. And that, well, really blows.
Ember operates on a no-touch policy with all living things--including boys. When Hayden Cromwell shows up, quoting Oscar Wilde and claiming her curse is a gift, she thinks he’s a crazed cutie. But when he tells her he can help control it, she’s more than interested. There’s just one catch: Ember has to trust Hayden's adopted father, a man she's sure has sinister reasons for collecting children whose abilities even weird her out. However, she’s willing to do anything to hold her sister's hand again. And hell, she'd also like to be able to kiss Hayden. Who wouldn't?
But when Ember learns the accident that turned her into a freak may not've been an accident at all, she’s not sure who to trust. Someone wanted her dead, and the closer she gets to the truth, the closer she is to losing not only her heart, but her life. For real this time.
Review teaser:
My favorite part of romance novels is the tension and build-up, and Jennifer L. Armentrout writes it like no one else. In my opinion, she is the queen of romantic paranormal YA fiction. 
In a few short months, I have devoured every one of her books, starting with Obsidian and the Covenant series -- and now with Cursed, she has hooked me again. She just loves to frustrate us readers by erecting barriers - whether society rules and taboos, or in this case, physical issues - which keep young lovers apart. But, that frustration only fuels the fire of romance and keeps us reading to find out how it will all work out (and we know it has to, because YA/paranormal or not, they are all still romance novels at heart!).  
Cursed brings us into the world of Ember McWilliams, a high school senior who was killed in a car accident two years ago, and then miraculously brought back to life by the special touch of her younger sister, Olivia. But, that event apparently awakened her own "gift" -- killing anything living she touches. What she thinks of as a curse, has made her an outsider with very few friends and an obvious lack of a love life. Enter Hayden Cromwell. A mysterious boy with a "gift" of his own who promises refuge and help controlling her gift. He gives her hope that maybe she doesn't have to be quite so alone in this world...but only if she can trust him. Which means trusting his family, who may or may not have had a role in the accident that caused her father's death and brought upon her curse... 
Full review to follow in September! Hope to see you then!




2 comments:

  1. Congratulations!! :) so happy for you! Anyway, we met at BEA and exchanged cards, now im following you. :) u might want to check out my blog too!
    -jenna
    Coffee,books and me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenna! So happy you stopped by. I just checked out your blog and followed- I love it! So cute!

      Delete