Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Wednesday's Words & Quippish Quotes: Father's Day


In honor of the upcoming Father's Day this weekend, these quotes are all about Dads. Enjoy! 




“Bran thought about it. 'Can a man still be brave if he's afraid?'
'That is the only time a man can be brave,' his father told him.” 
― George R.R. Martin, A Game of Thrones

"Your father’s right," she said. "Mockingbirds don’t do one thing except make music for us to enjoy. They don’t eat up people’s gardens, don’t nest in corn cribs, they don’t do one thing but sing their hearts out for us. That’s why it’s a sin to kill a mockingbird.” 
― Harper Lee, To Kill a Mockingbird

“It was times like these when I thought my father, who hated guns and had never been to any wars, was the bravest man who ever lived.” 
― Harper Lee, To Kill a Mockingbird



“My name is Inigo Montoya, you killed my father, prepare to die!” 
― William Goldman, The Princess Bride

“Your father, Jo. He never loses patience, never doubts or complains, but always hopes, and works and waits so cheerfully that one is ashamed to do otherwise before him.” 
― Louisa May Alcott, Little Women

“I believe that what we become depends on what our fathers teach us at odd moments, when they aren't trying to teach us. We are formed by little scraps of wisdom.” 
― Umberto Eco, Foucault's Pendulum

"My father gave me the greatest gift anyone could give another person, he believed in me."
Jim Valvano 



1 comment:

  1. I like the poems and quotes, I will have to send the blog link to my brother, he just became a dad three months ago..

    ReplyDelete