Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Review: Rocky Mountain Heat (Six Pack Ranch #1) by Vivian Arend


Rocky Mountain Heat (Six Pack Ranch #1)
Vivian Arend
November 15, 2011
156 Pages


Synopsis (from Goodreads) : 
He’s the one who taught her to ride. Now all he wants is to ride her.

Blake Coleman is old enough to know that acting on impulse causes nothing but a heap of trouble. But when trouble’s a western-hat-wearing blonde with slim legs that go on forever, what’s a man to do? Wanting the sweet girl next door is just wrong. The responsible thing to do is keep his hands off.
Jaxi has other plans for Blake’s hands, and his heart. She may have once considered him a big brother, but that was a long time ago. She’s all grown up now and ready to convince him that she’s perfect for him. Except he can’t seem to see past the big “don’t touch” sign that’s apparently still hanging around her neck.
When Jaxi ends up living right under Blake's nose, the undeniable heat between them slides off simmer and leaps up to barn-burning levels. However, a few of the younger six-pack Colemans have decided Jaxi’s brand of trouble is worth risking a few busted bones.
That is, if Blake’s finally ready to let go the reins and fight for what he wants…
Warning: Sexy cowboys seducing and being seduced in trucks, pool halls and barns. Droolworthy country charm, a little double-teaming, a few secrets and a whole lot of brothers to look forward to. Anyone wanna go for a ride? 


 I must admit this series is one of the reasons I purchased an e-reader.  I had seen reviews or mentions of this series in my blog hopping and it sounded like a series for me. It has a close knit loving family and some sexy as hell cowboys, what more could a girl want? The series is about a close knit family of ranchers, The Colemans, who have been ranchers for generations and currently have 6 single sons. This first book is about the oldest son, Blake and the younger girl next door, Jaxi. Blake is stubborn as all get out but Jaxi knows what she wants and its Blake. The entire family knows that Jaxi is out to land Blake as her husband and they all love Jaxi like she is one of the family already. I enjoyed how you got to meet all of the family in this first book and see how they interacted with each other. Blake is trying to do what he thinks is right, staying away from Jaxi, even though it cost him some happiness. Jaxi is a fun and feisty girl that will do anything to land her man. She even went to college and took only the classes that would help her be the perfect rancher's wife. It was fun watching the chase and how Blake's entire family helped her catch him. And when he finally gives in, the author delivers on all the sexual tension throughout the book. What I really loved about this was the loving family and sense of community in this book. You know that this family would do anything to help each other and that its a close small town where everyone knows everyone. The only thing I must say I did not like about this book is how Jaxi seemed to at one time or another have dated or kissed all of Blake's brothers. The one scene in particular that bothered me was in the pool hall, right in front of Blake, letting his twin brothers grope her in hopes of making Blake jealous and make him realize he really cares for her. I am married and I have to say I can not even think of my husband's brothers that way and I think that kinda just crossed a line and was icky to me.
Overall I really did enjoy this story and thought it was a fine start to what appears to be a smoking hot cowboy series. If you like romance, sexy cowboys and a great family this book is one for you to read.

Mountain Heat:  3/5 stars
Cover:    2.5/5 stars 

                                               ~~~~~Tanya~~~~~


6 comments:

  1. Great review!! I love this series and I am so glad that she is continuing to write them and that she expanded the first two books from the original novellas!!! I haven't had a chance to reread the new one with the additional info to the story--can't wait--it is in my TBR pile waiting for me. LOL Have a great day!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice review! I love romance series that feature a close-knit family too -- and I'm a sucker for long-time friends turning into something more as well! I will be adding this to my TBR pile! (although I agree the whole brothers groping scene sounds a bit over the line...oh well)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did not realize they were novellas first. I am glad she expanded the stories as I still wanted more. I am glad there are more books in this series because I definitely want more from this family. Can't wait to read the next books.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love Vivian's books, especially her Wolfies series. If you like paranormals, you might want to check them out too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do like paranormal, I will definitly add them to my list.

    ReplyDelete
  6. "He’s the one who taught her to ride. Now all he wants is to ride her" <------ That right there! Yep, lol, that makes me think I may have to change my other blog comment to "Need me some of this" instead of Paranormal & YA...or just add it to the list, lol.

    Thank you for the review on this and for getting me....NM xD

    *runs to Amazon* :)

    ReplyDelete